Housing options


Housing Options

We let our homes to those who need them most. Demand outstrips supply and unfortunately we are not able to offer homes to all who register with us.


Other Registered Social Landlords

There are other registered social landlords in the Scottish Borders. The largest are:

You can contact them directly for information about their application process.

There are also some national Housing Associations which have housing available in the Scottish Borders and provide both general and specialist housing.

You can find all registered social landlords with housing in the Scottish Borders using the link below.



If you are homeless or faced with the threat of homelessness, you can get expert advice and help based on your own circumstances from your local authority.

Find out more about homelessness advice and support in the Scottish Borders using the link below.


Mutual Exchange

A mutual exchange is a home swap with another social housing tenant. If you are a social housing tenant you can swap with any Council tenant of Housing Association tenant in the UK as long as they have the right to a mutual exchange and both tenants want to move. Both landlords must also agree to the swap before you go ahead.

HomeSwapper is a mutual exchange service which can help you to search for possible swaps, get in touch with other tenants and arrange viewings until you find your perfect new home.